Pitch Start 2020
The Yayasan Sime Darby Arts Festival is back! Themed “Shout It Out: Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow”, YSDAF 2020 aims to celebrate all things Malaysian.
Pitch Start is now calling for innovative ideas for a curated mixed medium experience that best exemplifies its festival theme. Successful applicants stand to win a grant of up to RM20,000 to premiere the work at YSDAF 2020 finale.
- To enter fill out the online form here.
- Deadline for all entries is 30 April 2020, 11.59pm Malaysian time^. Other key dates below:
|30 Apr 2020^||Submission deadline|
|11 May 2020^||Shortlisted applicants to be notified|
|18 – 22 May 2020^||Interview / Live Pitch session|
|5 Jun 2020^||Winner to be notified|
|Jun – Aug 2020^||Two internal preview sessions for committee’s feedback, followed by Premiere at YSDAF finale|
Criteria & Guidelines:
- Open to Malaysians and Malaysian residents of all ages.
- Create a mixed medium experience based on the theme “Shout It Out: Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow” which celebrates all things Malaysian.
- Open to works in any languages or genre but must be mixed medium and preferably interactive e.g. audio-visual experience, projection mapping with live performance etc.
- Possible locations to showcase the work includes indicine, Pentas 1 foyer or lawn area.
- Ideas must be able to be adapted to different locations.
- Must be a new work that has not been performed or showcased before.
- Will premiere at the Yayasan Sime Darby Arts Festival 2020 finale.
- One project will be awarded with a maximum budget of RM 20,000 (includes development, production, staging and performance fee but travelling cost not covered, at own expense).
- Staff of klpac, The Actors Studio, penangpac and Yayasan Sime Darby not eligible.
- Shortlisted applicants must attend a compulsory pitching / interview session at applicant’s own expense between 18 and 22 May^.
- Committee’s decision is final and no appeal will be entertained.
- As there is a review process in place, committee may provide feedback / suggestions to the winner to take into account.
- Yayasan Sime Darby Arts Festival retains the rights to the production as a whole but artistes retain rights to the individual components. However, works can be restaged or showcased again with the permission of the committee.
- The piece may be selected as part of the press preview. No additional fee will be allocated for the group.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be granted an interview slot.
- Staff of klpac, The Actors Studio, penangpac and Yayasan Sime Darby, and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate.
*Terms & conditions are subject to change without prior notice.
^ Dates subject to change.