Pitch Start 2023
The Yayasan Sime Darby Arts Festival is back! Themed “Shout It Out: Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow”, YSDAF 2023 aims to celebrate all things Malaysian.
Pitch Start is now calling for innovative ideas for a curated mixed medium experience, preferably with a digital and interactive component, that best exemplifies its festival theme. Successful applicants stand to win a grant of up to RM20,000 to premiere the work at YSDAF 2023 finale weekend.
Deadline for all entries is 30 April 2023, 11.59pm Malaysian time.
Other key dates below:
30 Apr Submission deadline
8 May Review with producers
11 May Shortlisted applicants to be notified
26 May Interview / Live Pitch session
5 Jun ^ Winner to be notified
Jun – Aug Two internal preview sessions for committee’s feedback
19 – 20 Aug Premiere at YSDAF 2023 finale weekend
Criteria & Guidelines:
- Open to Malaysians and Malaysian residents of all ages.
- Create a curated mixed medium experience, preferably with a digital and interactive component, based on the theme “Shout It Out: Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow” which celebrates all things Malaysian.
- Open to works in any languages or genre but must be a mixed medium and preferably interactive e.g. audio-visual experience, projection mapping with live performance etc.
- Possible locations to showcase the work includes Indicine, Pentas 1 foyer or Lawn area.
- Ideas must be able to be adapted to different locations.
- Must be a new work that has not been performed or showcased before.
- Will premiere at the Yayasan Sime Darby Arts Festival 2023 finale on 19 and 20 August 2023.
- One project will be awarded with a maximum budget of RM 20,000 (Includes development, production, staging and performance fee. Travelling cost is not covered, it is at own expense).
- Staff of klpac, The Actors Studio, and Yayasan Sime Darby are not eligible.
- Shortlisted applicants must attend a compulsory pitching / interview session at applicant’s own expense on 26 May 2023.
- Committee’s decision is final and no appeal will be entertained.
- As there is a review process in place, the Committee may provide feedback / suggestions to the winner to take into account.
- Yayasan Sime Darby Arts Festival retains the rights to the production as a whole but artistes retain rights to the individual components. However, works can be restaged or showcased again with the permission of the Committee.
- The piece may be selected as part of the press preview. No additional fee will be allocated for the group.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be granted an interview slot.